Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mobility!

Finally, I'm beginning to take advantage of having a laptop and a wireless router! I've got it in the kitchen and I was just looking up a recipe to use for dinner tonight. It's cool that I can refer to it without having to print it out. How green! I'm still using the old desktop a bunch because I haven't yet set everything up and ported everything over, but I can certainly blog from my kitchen!

OK, so I was told by my dad that the dark chocolate zucchini cupcakes were good -- and he was skeptical because he hates zucchini! Here's the recipe:

1 box dark chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 medium sized zucchini (2 cups grated)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
1/2 cup white raisins (sultanas) (Julia was skeptical of this ingredient, but I really liked the final result)

In large mixing bowl add cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Beat until well blended. Stir in chopped nuts, grated zucchini, chocolate chips and raisins.

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9-inch cake pan. (I used mini cupcake tins.)

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 40 min. (I adjusted the time for cupcakes -- I think it was 15 or 20 min.)

Cool the cake, then frost with cream cheese frosting of your choice.


My cream cheese frosting recipe:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
8 oz. package cream cheese
4 cups/1 lb./1 box confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon milk

Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
Add sugar and milk and beat until smooth.

(I piped this on the cupcakes with swirls using a 1M tip.)

Well, I've got to get back to my turkey pot pie dinner!

No comments: