Friday, April 11, 2008

Dry day

Yea! We had our first dry day in probably a week. I realized yesterday that in the last load of laundry I did for Owen there were 9 pairs of pants and 4 shirts. Doesn't sound too bad until you add in the (at least) 3 pairs of pants I washed separately because they were part of pooping incidents! So, if you do the math, that's an average of 3 pairs of pants per day. Ugh! But I think the new strategy might be starting to sink in. We went to the mall today, straight from school, so we were out of the house all day. I brought three extra sets of clothes, just in case. (I didn't tell Owen that -- I didn't want him to know that I expected him to fail.) But, this evening, I put all three sets back in his dresser drawers!

3 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

Woo Hoo! you knew he could do it! You just had to take the rewards out of the equation and make it a normal part of life. Excellent! Good Mommying!

ooolia said...

Yea!!!

I knew it wouldn't be long before it clicked.

Jill in MA said...

Oh, no, it hasn't clicked. That was just one day. Today we had a NASTY poop that required a quick bath to clean him up and pretty much wiping down the whole bathroom, it seemed like. I think I'm approaching THAT time and not dealing with it well today.