Sunday, May 11, 2008

Movin' and Groovin'

Happy Mother's Day to me! My kids (read: husband) bought me an iPod shuffle! It's so tiny. And engraved with "OWEN, SIERRA, LOVE". Sweet. Remember when the Sony Walkman was the coolest and smallest thing and you had to have one? (Perhaps this dates me, but it doesn't seem that long ago.) I didn't even realize that I wanted one -- I thought I was happy listening to just kids' music. But really, how cool is it that I can now put all my music on this tiny little thing and no one else can hear it? I don't have to think about whether or not the lyrics are questionable for children. And I can put together workout mixes and go running. (The other week my neighbor saw me running and exclaimed, "How can you run without music?")

Hope you're all having a happy Mother's Day, too.

1 comment:

ooolia said...

I remember finding my original Sony Walkman and thinking how HUGE it looked compared to the new Walkman my brother got. They're all huge compared to the tiny iPod shuffle.

I always found it took me too much time to load stuff into my iPod. I guess that's why M has acquired possession of the 2nd iPod he's given me.