Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bathroom humor

Well, it's interesting to know how early kids develop bathroom humor. Yesterday, Owen was sitting and drawing nicely and Sierra was watching. They were being very well behaved while I was working on something else (in the same room.) Then they started giggling more and more -- you know, the way they giggle when they're doing something they're not supposed to. But I was watching them and they were very sweetly sitting at their table and drawing. So I went over to look and this is the work that was in progress:


I tried not to laugh too hard or make a big deal out of it. But I had him draw another "bear" for me as he explained all the parts as he drew them. Sure enough, the last thing he drew was the penis. Then he drew the "Daddy bear" with a really big penis... and then the "Mommy" and then the "Grandpa." (We tried to explain that mommies don't have penises.) Then he wanted us to date it and he wrote the title because he was very proud and wants to save it.

I'm looking forward to pulling it out one day when he's in high school to really embarrass him!

2 comments:

Susan Z said...

We haven't reached drawing things where you can tell what they are yet, but we definitely have those conversations at our house.

Ann in NJ said...

Snicker. Don't you love the innocence of youth? As embarassing as it can get...