Friday, July 24, 2009

The Dog Days of Summer

Well, I just finished and delivered the cake I needed to do for the school's auction winner. The birthday girl decided on a dog theme, so not wanting to leave my bear pan idle, I talked her into a dog-sitting-in-a-bowl-of-dog-food cake. Here's the photos:

The Final Cake




Another View




At Home, Prior to Final Assembly


Cute, huh? Hopefully the two halves of the dog will stay together until the party tomorrow afternoon....

[Note: This cake was baked in the Williams-Sonoma Build-a-Bear cake pan. The bear ears and tail were removed and using gum-paste (homemade fondant with gum-tex added) I built up the snout, added dog ears and a dog tail. The bowl is just an 8" layer cake, tapered, with cocoa puffs added for dog kibble.]

1 comment:

Momo Fali said...

That's adorable! I love it!