Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Tenth Good Thing About Nikita

1. Nikita picked me at the animal shelter.
2. She always used the litter box.
3. She played fetch.
4. The tip of her tail had an inch of orange and white stripes with the cutest white tuft at the end.
5. She was so soft and loved to be scratched in the downy fur behind her ears.
6. She was affectionate and snuggley (but not annoyingly so.)
7. She helped me through a very hard time in my life.
8. When I had kids, I thought she would be jealous and spiteful, but instead she was fiercely protective.
9. She was my friend.
10. Nikita is in the ground and she’s helping grow flowers. You know, that’s a pretty nice job for a cat.*

*Taken from “The Tenth Good Thing About Barney” by Judith Viorst.


RIP Nikita. You were loved. I will remember you fondly. You are now at peace.

2 comments:

ooolia said...

Nikita, I'll miss you. You took good care of my JillyWilly and I'm glad for that. To me, you'll always be the cute kitten that I first met so long ago. I remember your Q-tip fetish, and it still makes me smile all these years later.

Bless you, for you have blessed us all.

Ann in NJ said...

When I think of Nikita, I think of her fetching those plastic milk jug rings. I've never seen another cat fetch like that.

She was a beautiful cat, in body and spirit. May she rest in peace, and may you find peace as well.