Monday, November 10, 2008

Potty Training Pain

Don't get me wrong. I'm really glad that Sierra has decided to give up pull-ups and start wearing underwear. But she doesn't know how to tell when she needs to go. Twice at school today (I was parent-helping) she had accidents right before I was planning to have her sit on the potty. Then she had another accident at home. It's only 2 o'clock! I'm hoping she figures it out quickly because I find all the cleaning up exhausting.

Oh, and I need to buy more underwear!

[Update: By the time she went to bed, she had had 6 (at least) accidents. While she sat on the potty once, she didn't actually pee there. On the plus side, she still wants to wear underwear -- at least she's not giving up!]

3 comments:

Susan Z said...

Mine usually have the accident right after I ask them if they need to go and they say no. I keep wondering if it is power of suggestion.

security word = redrophe...is it Scooby Doo saying red trophe?

Ann in NJ said...

It's a process - and she may catch on quicker than you think, now that she's associating that feeling with that result - the diapers are too good and they can't tell when they're wet!

ooolia said...

I can get mine to pee in the toilet, but I can't them to know when they need to go.

*sigh* it feels like Mommy-training.