Friday, October 17, 2008

I Love Fall in NE

May used to be my favorite month. Spring: the flowers all bloom, the weather warms up, my birthday rolls around.... But lately I think October is replacing May as my favorite. Certainly my birthday is losing its magic as I get older.... I really think that nothing compares to seeing the leaves change in New England. The weather turns crisp and cool. Putting on a fleece jacket and going for a walk with the kids just before sunset is like heaven! I really wish I had remembered to carry my camera around with me about three days ago -- that's when the color was really peaking here. But here's a few photos that were taken last weekend at a party on a lake:




And here's a few I took today around my yard and neighborhood:



1 comment:

ooolia said...

I love autumn!

the leaves, the crispness in the air, the apples and donuts...

you and the kids look wonderfully happy.

I miss you!