Friday, July 18, 2008

An Honest Effort

If you've been reading my blog and some of my comments to other blogs, you know that my son has struggled a lot with potty training. Recently, after his summer program ended, he went through a week or 2 long phase where he "forgot" how to use the potty. Now he seems to be back on track with few accidents. Today he gave me a good laugh. I heard him calling to me from the bathroom, "Mommy, I forgot to pull my pants down!" I went in the bathroom to find him "in position," hips thrust out at the edge of the toilet bowl. His shorts and underwear were still on, and there was a big puddle at his feet. We laughed together and I applauded his effort. It was just an honest mistake!!

1 comment:

ooolia said...

Thanks for the laugh.

C only seems to want to go when it works as a procrastination strategy. He's exclusively in underwear at school and it's a toss up whether he'll be in the same clothes or if I'll have bags and bags of wet clothes.